Teacher Appreciation Breakfasts
|12th/10th Grades ||Tuesday, September 11 |
|11th/9th Grades ||Tuesday, November 13 |
|8th/6th Grades ||Monday, February 5 |
|7th/5th Grades ||Monday, April 9 |
Most of you are familiar with this tradition but in case you are new to the role, here are some basic guidelines for the breakfasts:
* One week prior to your designated day, email your parents asking for baked goods, fruit trays, salty snacks, coffee (one large disposable container of regular and a small one of decaf) and paper goods. Some parents prefer to send money to offset costs and that is great.
* There are approximately 80 people to feed and you will need to provide paper plates, napkins and utensils (including knives to slice any breads or cakes).
* We use the teacher workroom, and there is no space to refrigerate items.
* Plan to arrive at school around 7:00 a.m. to set up coffee and food so that teachers can enjoy something before school starts. You may ask your student and his/her friends to collect items being dropped off, in carpool line, so that other parents do not have to park and come in.
* You are not expected to stay and man the breakfast table but it is nice to have someone stop in mid-morning and/or after lunch to keep things fresh and replenish supplies. Clean up after 3:15 p.m. to allow teachers time for an afternoon snack.