Purpose & Mission
Every parent, stepparent, or guardian of a current Altamont student is a voting member of the APA. Dues are $60 per academic year and directly support APA events and faculty wish list items from all departments, including Foss science update, pH probes, HoverCam Solo 8, magnetic graphs, buzzer system for Scholars Bowl for academics; cyclorama curtain, classroom cameras and equipment, new color printer for arts; and javelins, discuses, basketball goals in Patton Gym, and a baseball batting cage net for athletics.
The Altamont Parents Association supports the mission of The Altamont School through communication and service. The APA builds community and encourages the personal and academic development of each student.
The APA serves the interests of The Altamont School and its students in the following ways:
- Promoting cooperation and communication within the school community with the community at large;
- Facilitating meaningful parental involvement;
- Enhancing school activities involving academics, arts, athletics, and community service;
- Encouraging the development of a respectful, inclusive school community;
- Supporting the growth and development of The Altamont School.