APA Grade Representatives
- Communicating with the parents of returning and new students
- Planning a Welcome Back to School/Welcome New Students Party* in the summer
- Planning events/outings for the rest of the year (up to 2 events/outings*)
- Coordinating the grade level APA Faculty & Staff Breakfast
- Planning an End of the Year Party* (this counts for one of the two events/outings for the year)
*Traditionally, these outings/events include:
- an afternoon at Triangle Park or Ramsey Park
- an outing to an ice cream/frozen yogurt shop or Steel City Pops
- activities such as bowling, hiking at Red Mountain Park or Ruffner Mountain, climbing at First Avenue Rocks, indoor trampoline parks, water balloon or pool party
Please click here for a list of current grade representatives.
APA Hospitality Committee
-Facilitate class-sponsored monthly breakfasts to show appreciation from each class for the Altamont faculty and staff.
-Host the APA-sponsored faculty and staff appreciation breakfast.
-Host the APA-sponsored "grab and go snacks" for faculty and staff during exam week.
-Work with Kimber Williams to coordinate volunteers for Grandparents Day at Altamont, an honored tradition. Usually volunteers are requested for help with flower arranging, table set-up and taking pictures of grandparents.
APA Academics Committee
-Facilitate and coordinate the Fall Project Week chaperone appreciation gifts and coordinate a signed thank you note on behalf of the class for each chaperone.
-Any volunteer requests by faculty sponsors of Junior United Nations, Scholars Bowl, Debate Team, Language Clubs, Math Team, Model United Nations, or other academic extracurriculars will be forwarded to the APA
APA Arts Committee
Are you or your child interested in Photography, Band, Visual Arts, Theatre, Choir, or Creative Writing? Volunteering on the Arts Committee may be for you!
APA Athletics Committee Volunteers
Did you know that Altamont offers the following sports for 5th-8th graders?
- Fall: Soccer, Cross Country
- Winter: Basketball
- Spring: Soccer, Volleyball
Beginning in 7th grade, Altamont School teams compete in the following sports:
- Fall: Volleyball, Cross Country
- Winter: Basketball, Bowling, Indoor Track, & Swimming
- Spring: Tennis, Outdoor Track & Field, Baseball, Softball, Soccer, & Golf
Interested in volunteering on one of the APA Committees? Please click here to fill out a volunteer interest form. Thank you!