Altamont's boys team placed 3rd in the AHSAA Indoor Track & Field State Championship held Feb. 1-2, 2019, at Birmingham CrossPlex, finishing just seven points behind 2nd place Bayside Academy. The boys team was anchored by strong performances and medals in the following events:
- James Dixon won the state championship in the 400m and 800m (third year in a row).
- The 4x800m relay team, comprised of seniors James Dixon, Asher Desai, Will Denniston, and Spencer Skidmore, won the state championship.
- Asher Desai placed 2nd in the 3200m with a new school record time of 10:13 and placed 3rd in the 1600m.
- The 4 x 400m relay team of seniors Jack Engel and James Dixon, junior Cole Hall and sophomore Jesse Hungerpiller won the state championship.
- Cole Hall placed 2nd in the pole vault with a new school record of 13'9".
The girls team achieved their goal of scoring points in all three relays: 4x200, 4x800, and 4x400.
Congratulations and Go Knights!
- Academic News
- Admissions News
- Alumni News
- APA News
- Athletic News
- Board News
- Community News
- Development News
- Faculty News
- Headmasters News
- News and Announcements
- News Archive
- School News
- Sports Medicine News