Open Houses and Shadow Days
Open HousesAn Altamont Open House is an opportunity for your family to see campus and learn more about our program. You will meet current teachers, parents, and students, and visit classrooms and fine arts and athletics spaces. Financial aid and application process information is also available.
Questions? Contact Danielle Dodson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-445-1245.
Open House Dates
Open Houses are held from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m. on the following dates:
October 20, 2019
January 12, 2020
Altamont Open House Schedule
2– 2:10 p.m.
Opening Remarks – Chris Durst, Head of School
2:10 – 2:30 p.m.
Rising 5th/6th graders (and parents) learn more about 5th/6th program
Rising 7th graders and above (and parents) learn more about grades 7-12
2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Computer Science at Altamont – includes laser cutting and 3D printing
- Altamont’s 1 – to – 1 Computer Program
- Hands on Art Project in the Art Studio
- Meet the AD/Assistant AD and see the Competition Gym
- Latin and Mine Craft – Building the Cities of Antiquity
- Flame Test in the Chemistry Lab
- The Miree Ethical Leadership Center
- College Counseling at Altamont
3:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Parent Roundtables – Q and A with Current Altamont Parents
- Parents of Rising 5/6 Graders
- Parents of Rising 7/8 Graders
- Parents of Rising 9th Graders and above
Refreshments in Diner - Visit with faculty, alums, and parents
We encourage students to spend a day with us. It is a wonderful way to see what day-to-day life at Altamont is like by attending classes, eating lunch, and participating in school life with a current student.
Please contact Danielle Dodson at 205-445-1245 or email@example.com for details and to schedule a day for your child to experience the Altamont difference firsthand.