At Altamont, our mission and core values are at the forefront of what we do. Our middle school program and its faculty prepare students not only for the academic rigor of our upper school college-preparatory classes, but also to be honorable global citizens who can easily and confidently adapt in an ever-changing world.
Altamont's middle school is an environment where students feel safe, are encouraged and have room to discover themselves.
Our middle school is built on the following foundation:
- An advisory program that meets daily, creating a strong connection between faculty and students. Students know there are adults who care about them and encourage them to do their best.
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum that challenges and builds character while encouraging a growth mindset and critical thinking skills
- Character Education at each grade level that focuses on our Core Values of Leadership, Integrity, Curiosity, Balance and Respect
- Supportive learning environment
- 1 to-1 laptop program that incorporates digital citizenship
- Quarterly social events