1-to-1 Laptop Program
Altamont's online 1-to-1 laptop store is managed by LaptopSchools.com
- What is a 1-to-1 Laptop Program?
- Why should we have a 1-to-1 Laptop Program at Altamont?
- How will Altamont implement this technology in the classroom?
- Does Altamont have the necessary resources (staff, training, infrastructure) in place to make this program successful?
- Will all students be required to have a laptop?
- Can my student use a laptop from home?
- Can we rent a laptop from the school?
- Will the cost of the laptop be part of our enrollment contract?
- How much will the laptop cost and what type of laptop will it be?
- When will my student receive his or her laptop?
- What type of training will my student receive on how to use and care for the laptop? Will parents receive training too?
- What happens if the laptop breaks or is stolen?
- Technology is constantly changing. How often will laptops be updated?
Rob Dominguez, Director of Education Technology, is a certified Microsoft Innovative Education Expert.
Even though they have computers in front of them, I have never seen my students more focused on class discussions…Because they are actively engaged, the students are not losing interest in such an in-depth, high-level conversation.
–Robby Ballard, 5th and 6th Grade History Teacher