WELCOME TO YOUR ALTAMONT REGISTRATION HEADQUARTERS!
2017-18 School Year Student Registration
New Family Registration and Orientation Information
New families register on Tuesday, August 15 during Knights Camp from 2:30–4:30 p.m.
*Please note that the post card you received in the mail has the incorrect time listed for Knights Camp. The time above is the correct time.
The Altamont Parents Association (APA) looks forward to welcoming all new families immediately following Knights Camp. Join us at 4:30 p.m. to enjoy some light bites, drinks and great conversation about the year ahead!
Following the APA reception, all 5th and 6th grade families must attend a mandatory 1-to-1 Laptop program orientation from 5:30–7:30 p.m.
Returning Family Registration Information
Returning families will register on Wednesday, August 16 in the practice gym.
For current families, registration times are: 7:30-9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. - noon
The gym will be closed from 9:00-10:30 a.m. between the sessions.
Important Documents for the School Year
2017-18 Important School Dates
2017-18 Upper School Academic Schedule
2017-18 Middle School Academic Schedule
2017-18 Gold and White Week Schedule
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT REGISTRATION
2017-18 Student Handbook
All students and parents should read through the student handbook before each school year. The handbook acknowledgement form should be printed and signed by both a parent and student and turned it at registration.
2017-2018 Student Handbook
Updating Contact Information
All parents are required to update contact information in our system before school starts. It is very important that we have up to date contact information in the event that the school needs to contact you. Please make sure all email, phone numbers, work information, address, grandparent information are all correct. Please click here to update all contact information.
School Picture Information
Belmont Studios will be at Knights Camp on August 15 and at both returning student registration time slots on August 16 to take student pictures for the yearbook. All students should have their picture taken during registration.
- There will be a make up picture day on August 24 for those who miss registration.
- If you would like to purchase your child’s yearbook picture, please click here to pre-order school pictures.
Magnus Health Account Information
New families are required to fill out all health information in the online Magnus Health Portal. Instructions on how to access Magnus can be found under each grade tab below. Magnus forms need to be completed before school starts. All current families should check their Magnus Health Account to make sure that all student health information is up-to-date before school starts. The Magnus site is currently under construction until August 7th. Parents will not have access to the Magnus site until August 8th. All Magnus questions should go to Denise Williams at email@example.com or 205-879-2006.
2017-18 Sports Information
Students in grades 7th-12th who plan to play a sport this year must print and sign the following documents to turn in at registration:
1) A valid birth certificate (copies are acceptable)
2) A certificate indicating the student has completed the NFHS sportsmanship course available online at www.nfhslearn.com. This is a new course that is replacing the STAR Sportsmanship course. Please note the STAR certificate will continue to suffice for any student who has already successfully completed the online STAR Sportsmanship course. The NFHS sportsmanship course is for first-time student-athletes and coaches.
3) A student release form signed by the student athlete and his/her parent
4) A concussion form signed by the student athlete and his/her parent
5) A current pre-participation physical evaluation form, completed and signed by a medical doctor
Items 3-5 above must be completed at the beginning of each school year and remain valid until the next school year. The forms are available on the athletics page of the school website, click here to access the forms.
Altamont's New Online Store Information
We are so exited to announce that Altamont will have a new online store for merchandise and apparel! To kick off the online store, we will have a pre-sale for a long sleeve and short sleeve comfort colors t shirts at Registration. We will have an example of both shirts at Registration for viewing. Please be on the lookout for more information about available items on the online store in the coming months.
THINGS TO BRING TO REGISTRATION
Please click on your child's grade listed below for appropriate letters and forms.
Required of All Grades:
1. Printed and signed Handbook Acknowledgment Form
Please read through the handbook with your student(s) before signing this form.
2. Printed and signed sport forms listed above (if applicable)
3. Update your contact information through the Online Form or through My BackPack
4. All Magnus Health Information should be completed by new families or updated (if needed) by returning families.
5. Parking Permit Form for 11th and 12th Graders Only