New Student Information
Welcome to the New Student Information Page! This page provides everything new students need to be ready for school in the fall.
NEW STUDENT CHECKLIST
- Mathematics & Foreign Language Placement Assessments
- Summer Required Reading
- Summer Math Packets
- Project Week Information
- PE Clothes
- Order Textbooks
- Important Dates to Know
The first step toward a successful year is to make sure all newly enrolled students are placed in the appropriate level mathematics and foreign language classes. In order to do so, we ask all students to take assessments. These assessments do not affect students’ standing with the school. Rather, they ensure students begin the year in the classes most suitable to their current mathematics and foreign language skill levels. There is no foreign language placement assessment for students entering the 5th grade.
Students entering 5th grade do not take math placement tests. Because we accept students from many different schools, Course 1 exposes students to a variety of different math curriculums. We use Course 1 as an opportunity for students to learn, review, and hone the key math skills they will need for Course 2 and Pre-Algebra. This includes an emphasis on the problem solving skills needed for solving word problems. If you have any questions, please e-mail placement director Pattie Bank at email@example.com.
Click the link below to find the reading list for the grade you will be entering. Each list indicates what book is required reading and how many additional books from the list are to be read before school begins. Each reading list will be updated mid-May, so be sure to review if you have printed a list prior to these updates. Reading Lists
2016-17 School Year
- Mid-July: Receive textbook list used to purchase your child's books. This is not a complete schedule of classes and only includes those classes which require books.
- July 13th: Online bookstore opens.
- Week of July 20th: Receive letter notifying that online log-in will be sent soon via email and what this log-in enables you to do.
- Last week of July: Receive online pre-registration instructions.
- August 17th: Registration and New Parent/New Student Orientation.
- August 18th: No classes but School open.
- August 19th: 1st day of classes.
Buy Your Textbooks
Course Request Forms
Click here for Course Request Forms